Joy-based relational skill training for thriving relationships!
What makes thrive special?
THRIVEtoday has the vision to develop the capacity of leaders, pastors, counselors, teachers, and ministers, not just improve their tools. THRIVE is created to build these skills and encourage health in all people.
4 Relational Skills Training Tracks
THRIVEtoday offers four skill training tracks that grow in complexity. Each Track starts with a 5-day event where you experience hands-on training that teaches you skills to practice with your training partner for an entire year, so you will be prepared for the next Track.
Learn to integrate the relational skills into your everyday life. This track is perfect to attend at anytime in your relational skills journey.
Thrive: True Identity retrains your brain focusing on:
- Eating: using food to build my joy.
- Resting: inserting rest into my life.
- Praying: interacting with Immanuel (God with us).
- Belonging: keeping relationships bigger.
- Playing: adding play to my life and relationships.
- Giving: giving from the heart Jesus gave me.
Learn How to Share Joy
Joy and Rest – The starting point for partners, online courses required.
It is important to recognize that the first year of training in joy and quiet can make people quite aware of the missing love and attachment in their lives. We purposely do not try to provide or create temporary bonds and relationships at THRIVEtoday to fill this need. Our goal is to strengthen existing bonds, so bring someone with you! Building joy can trigger pain if you recently experienced loss or feel lonely.
Track One preparation (prior to attendance):
1) The Life Model: Living from the Heart Jesus Gave You by Friesen, Wilder, Bierling, Koepcke, Poole.
2) A personal assessment of your earned maturity based on the above book or chart here.
3) Transforming Fellowship by Chris Coursey
4) Joy and Quiet: THRIVE @ Home Online Course. Includes 6 hours of Jim Wilder videos and 88 discussion questions totaling approximately 25 hours of preparation. The THRIVE Online course is likened to getting a degree in relational skills. You have the “classroom” portion with the course while the THRIVE one-week training is your hands-on, interactive training lab. Learning the theory and applying the material to your life takes time. Don’t rush your learning experience!
Recommended (but optional) preparation: Share Immanuel by Coursey and Wilder
return to joy skills from negative emotions
Here you discover how the painful failure to thrive impacts your life and relationships. Failure to thrive means lives spent in pain, fleeing pain, or rigidly avoiding any risk of pain.
Track Two requires more capacity from participants. Each participant will need experience with joy and have enough capacity to deal with unpleasant feelings like sadness, anger, fear, disgust, shame, and hopeless despair in moderate doses. We will teach a cohesive approach and introduce simple repair skills. Track Two is for those who have previously experienced the joy practice at Thrive: Track One as well as the Basic Thrive Skills Guide.
In Track Two, attendees enjoy daily Preparation Groups as part of the 5-day training. These are blocks set aside for attendees to discuss and identify how Skill 12, Acting Like Myself, relates to Scripture and each basic emotion the brain knows. This kind of training helps us develop a powerfully clear sense of our true identity and how it still works when we are upset or suffering.
Participants generally maintain child or higher maturity, even though they may have remedial work to do with returning to joy from the big six emotions. This training is designed for partners so be sure to bring a safe partner you trust.
1) The Complete Guide to Living with Men by Dr. Jim Wilder (This resource is out of print and must be obtained by request via email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
3) Basic THRIVE Skills, Mastering Joy and Rest 52-week Skill Guides are distributed at Track One Training. Extra copies available for attendees through Deeper Walk International.
4) Return to Joy: THRIVE @ Home Online Course . Includes 6.15 hours of Jim Wilder videos and 84 discussion questions totaling 25 hours of preparation. The THRIVE Online course is likened to getting a degree in relational skills. You have the “classroom” portion with the course while the THRIVE one-week training is your hands-on, interactive training lab. Learning the theory and applying the material to your life takes time. Don’t rush your learning experience!
Recommended (but optional) preparation: JIMTalks: Volume 24 by Dr. Jim Wilder
how to pass on the skills to others
Three is our favorite track because it ties together all of the previous skill training, once you discover brilliant solutions to pain. At Track Three, learn how to clearly recognize and address the painful deficits that result from a desynchronized control center.
Training focuses on how to pass on the skills to others, how to enhance your nonverbal skills and how to distinguish and resolve specific pain at each of the five levels of the brain’s command center. At Track Three, you not only practice the 19 skills but you train attendees in Tracks One and Two.
Track Three is for individuals who function primarily at an adult level maturity or higher. We carefully designed THRIVE Training to prepare attendees for this level of training after two years of actively building joy, practicing return to joy skills with the big six as well as complex emotions. Your THRIVEtoday Facilitator will train you in mindsight, heart-sight, resolving the five levels of pain and more.
1) Joy Starts Here: The Transformation Zone by Wilder, Khouri, Coursey, and Sutton
2) Intermediate THRIVE Skills, Mastering Returning to Joy 52-week Skill Guide is distributed at Track Two Training. Extra copies available for attendees through Deeper Walk International.
3) Applied Strategy: Thrive @ Home Online Course. Includes 8.25 hours of Jim Wilder videos and 122 discussion questions totaling approximately 35 hours of preparation. The THRIVE Online course is likened to getting a degree in relational skills. You have the “classroom” portion with the course while the THRIVE one-week training is your hands-on, interactive training lab. Learning the theory and applying the material to your life takes time. Don’t rush your learning experience!
Recommended (but optional) reading:
– Outsmarting Yourself by Karl Lehman, M.D.
–The Anxious Organization by Jeffrey A. Miller
Attention: A THRIVEtoday staff member may call to verify that you are prepared for the training. This telephone call is to ensure your Thrive Training will be a blessing rather than overwhelming and/or too strenuous. We may check your references as well.